PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 14th Feb 2010, 04:35
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CXChildLabour

Self imposed prejudice and bias wlll always allow those few to cultivate a blind and hardened heart. A hardened heart dulls a person's ability to believe or understand another's point of view. So maybe the only thing that we can do is convince by example, whether or not we get their support. Sadly.

Timsbits:

I've just realised I've been calling you Timbits. Sorry. Anyhowz:

"Mullah thinks that it would be opening up a Pandoras Box to suggest that the AOA use the A Scale Local Captains $24000/ mo housing assistance as a "fairness meter", and he assures us that it would be unilaterally rejected by the Company....Why would that be an unreasonable yard stick as a means of comparison, but the Expat Housing Allowance isn't???"

As I've mentioned before, you are talking about the basic payscale, an entitlement across the board to all 2500....no matter which basing you take up. This is a separate issue to base parity, which is what we are advocating, though also not something that we wouldn't help the greater pilot body pursue if they felt it was worth fighting for.