PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 22:09
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aidoair

The problem is that there are far more routes that baby could fly (from 4 bases) than they have aircraft at least for now, so something must give.

baby didn't close MAN,CWL or BHX or pull everything into EMA for a reason, if they can get things right this year they will have access to Luffty owned aircraft next year.

LH focus for now has to be bmi international the brand is knackerd in part because of baby's sucsess (Google bmi and you'll see what i mean) and NT new business model, so its no longer seen as a premium product in the way that diamond class was in BD days in the 90's

The problem is that the damage is done and their is no way back for the brand, even culling the baby wouldn't change it, so what to do?

Well if i were Wolfe i would re brand bmi international but starting a new name now would just be seen as Oh that was bmi, i would go with Swiss, its a name that is respected for quality and would if bmi improved the product offering attract a premium, it would also simplify the LH structure.

There is IMHO no way back for bmi, that i am sorry to say is NT legacy

As for baby i would pay Bab's Cassini £3m a year for 3 years to run baby