PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 21:32
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
ITW,

I’ll see you two points and raise you two points, without the bold or underlining

1. A reply to a post is generally to do with your last post, hence the reply in regards to DFR.

2. I don’t recall saying there was a bottleneck at recruiting nor disagreeing or stating that the training pipeline was flowing at full production with the squadrons sucking them up. What I was saying was that there is less of an interest for pilot in the ADF and as my mate stated, numbers are down. Therefore a reason as to why pilot is still a priority. Which is (as I was told some years ago when the wheel was in a similar position with ANSETT going tits up) the training pipeline cannot be closed down. The flow on effect such as the impact on QFI’s at the squadrons to training QFI’s and more importantly 5 /8/10 years down track when there are not the experienced pilots in position because we stopped training is irreparable.

Your opinion of why pilot is a priority job is your opinion and if you think DFR are sucking people in so be it. DFR have quota’s to fill and will persuade people into other options if they can. If a person can be swayed because they walked in the door wanting to be a pilot and were talked into something else I would question their motivation. “The people who are unsuccessful will be prodded to jobs that aren't meeting targets if they are still keen to join the ADF.” Not sure on your point here. A person who is keen to be a pilot and have a career in the ADF but is unsuccessful for pilot and therefore joins up as something else ???? What’s the issue? They will be told all options such as you have the credentials come back and try again; you don’t have the credentials, go away and get them, or join up as whatever and hope for a role change or simply you can have this ADF career.

Again myyyy maaate has told me there are a significant number of people who walk into a RC do the testing and told your testing indicates you are ok for pilot, when they were looking at something else. Given that is a fact it would suggest that not every Tom, Dick and Mary walk into recruiting wants to be a knucklehead.