PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The REX Cadet Scheme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 20:41
Cirronimbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chadzat.

When I said I'd accept the conditions stipulated by Rex, I meant the bonding period and loan repayments. I expect (but perhaps I'm wrong) that Rex pilots are paid at the award rate and they would have a union or some such body that oversees their employment conditions? Hopefully they aren't exploited (but reading some of the posts on these forums they might be getting the rough end of the pineapple sometimes) by management?

I'm keen to fly and I get the impression from the flying schools that I've contacted so far, that they will happily take my money but once the training is finished, I'm on my own. At least with Rex, I'd have a job at the end of the training. For me, that is a very big plus. Judging by what a lot of other people have said on these forums, getting a job at the end of CPL training is very difficult, so that makes joining the Rex scheme all the more attractive. I find it really hard to sort the wheat from the chaff on this one. Perhaps not hearing back from Rex means I've missed out and if that is the case then it might be a blessing in disguise? I'd have to go the traditional route and take my chances along with everyone else. I've already started training and will be looking for a job so time will tell eventually.

Cheers,

Cn