PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 20:10
737lpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the guys already working at AVJ

Iīm considering leaving RYR for a more exciting contract after 6 years dealing with an ever increasing glamourless operation like the one we suffer at RYR.

My application for DEC has been acepted by Parc and I have a few questions before going any further. I have read the whole thread but I havenīt found answers to these...

1) Is it safe to say that most people take the C class ticket instead of the 2 grand to commute home every month? I canīt see myself commuting to Spain for that kind of money on business class...

2) Do your wife/kids have any benefits in terms of free rides (ZED, IDīs, etc..)? Considering that Iīm only willing to take business class to Japan from Spain, is there such a thing as a ZED Bussiness rate?

3) My conditions mention "short working months"... is that a bluff or is it reasonable to believe that you might get them from time to time?

4) If succesful at the screening, is the training (ATPL, Type, Line training..) hard to achieve or most people get it done? Are there cases where people fail after starting the training and loose the job?

5) Considering that the only expense from our side once on the line would be to cover Tokyo accomodation, how many days are u expected to remain in Tokyo off duty and therefore liable to pay for it? Where do u stay and for how much?

Thanks a lot.

Iīm so excited about getting water and food while on duty....