PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 13th Feb 2010, 19:17
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that after years of apathy there has recently been a large increase in the number of LEPs joining the AOA. Surely a coincidence?
After years of complaining the LEP's not joining the AOA and deeming us as not supportive of the pilot body, you're complaining that we did join now? I'm SURE none of the non-CEP AOA members remained apathy for years and recently joined after the AOA changed president and started to actually get something done. Mind reminding me what was the percentage of members in 2007?

I can tell you I joined shortly after PW became president for the following reason. While ST was still pres he asked during a flight if I was an AOA member, I asked him what the AOA could do for the LEP's. Reply was "we only have certain amount of resources and a lot of priority issues above the LEP's". Yeah, become a part of the pilot body so we could take your money and help out our own issues, though don't come to us if you want our support in yours. Thanks but no thanks. Whereas now AOA actually promised to be just as supportive to the CEP's and thus we're no longer hestitant in supporting the whole pilot body, including our expat counterparts, and you're bching about us joining? Get a life, make up your mind and shut up.