PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 13th Feb 2010, 16:35
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iceman50,

The housing allowance I receive and pay tax on, does NOT go into my pocket but that of a "Local" Landlord!
Whose fault is it if you decide u wanna rent instead of buying with ur allowance? You might as well tell me that the salary you receive and pay tax on does not go into your pocket but your wife's. And what does your "Local" Landlord has anything to do with this? Sorry to report but we don't have a wealth sharing scheme amongst all local Hongers here. Or are you trying to tell us that your "Local" Landlord is a CEP and convince us that he's getting expat housing allowance through you?

My children do not speak cantonese and would NOT have been accepted at a local school, EVEN though I pay HK taxes.
Of course all children of CEP's speak fluent Cantonese. Get with the program before you try to argue next time dude.

I am not on A scale, do not receive a travel fund and my FOC was "supposed" to allow me to return to my HOME country, not go on "Holiday".
And I tried to return to my HOME country last time and got offloaded three flights in a row with my priority 11 confirmed FOC in ECONOMY, and I wasn't going on "Holiday", your point?

We would all like more money, but you cannot change your contract just because of envy.
So please don't change your contract to COS08 or else you're really just slapping yourself right in the face with humiliation. Cause the whole RA65 thing is PURELY being ENVIOUS of pilots being able to work till 65 elsewhere in the world. Everyone was happily signing onto RA55 when they joined and all of a sudden they see pilots around the world are getting RA65, then they became ENVIOUS of them and wanted it in their contract as well. Wait, I'm feeling something, what is it? OH, DEJAVU!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I think the AOA and the GC if they have approved this line of action have lost the plot!
Yes, just like they did allowing DEFO's and RA65 into our COS.

Last edited by CXChildLabour; 13th Feb 2010 at 18:35.