PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Swissport Redundancies??
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 15:06
number1delta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal view on Swissports problems

I worked during the Groundstar days and for the 2 years of it being swissport. It seems like the problems that existed then are still apparent today. I still keep in contact with the old staff so am still in touch with what is going on. It seems like the biggest problem is with Duty managers/shift maangers/yes men (whatever you want to call them). For some reason they tend to agree with everything higher managememt come out with, even if it makes no sense at all. If you dare go agaionst the maangemt you are then down he road. I have only ever known 2 DM's who dared to answer maangers back and stuck up for the workforce (Tw and UK) Where are these two legends now? Down the road!

From what I have heard now the so called shift maangers in place now are the most un-capable bunch that you could dream up. They are all yes men/women who follow managers round nodding their heads like nodding dogs. Most of them are less qulaified than ramp ops, ops guys and psa's. But then again, why should they not jump when told to. Their mistakes are overlooked by management on a regular basis. Just to mention a few

1 - A Shift manager pushes a plane with no driving permit and wearing shoes that resemble wedding shoes on the ramp. To rub it in a few hours later jumps onto a deck loader and operates that...What is done? Not a thing

2 - A shift maanger turns up late for 90% of shifts! WHat is done? Not a thing

3 - A shift manager is not able to help out in any of the 3 departments due to not being un-capable of doing so. What is done? Not a thing?

4 - A shift manager who is not qulaified jumps into the loading control seat and sends wrong loadsheets without being a licensed load controller. What happens? A letter on file which means absoluteley jack.

And to rub it all in, a ramp guy pushes a cone with a EBT and what happens? HE GETS PUT ON A 12 MONTHS FINAL WARNING!!!

My point is, until all the corruption stops and there is 1 set of rules put in place for everyone, then Swissport will not progress. It will continue to be a downhill struggle im afraid.