PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The REX Cadet Scheme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 11:33
Cirronimbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck to Whoooop1991 and Agaga for the Rex applications.

I've applied too but have heard nothing yet; not even an acknowledgement of my application. Perhaps that means I didn't make the shortlist or my application got lost in cyberspace?

Anyway, I'd jump at the opportunity if it came my way. I am going to get my CPL etc whether it is with Rex or via the traditional route and somehow I will fly. I am determined to do that. The way I see things is that in order to get the same quals as I would get by joining the Rex scheme; I'd have to leave home to do the training, it would cost about the same (approx $80K) and at least with the Rex scheme, I'd be guaranteed employment at the end of my training. I understand that my pay wouldn't be as good with Rex as it might be elsewhere but at least I'd have a job flying. That is what I want to do.

Obviously, I'm new to this industry and have lots to learn so I'd be pleased to hear from others about what points I might be missing or should be aware of before making some pretty big decisions. Please feel free to spell it all out for me; I'm very keen to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,

Cn