PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G/A below minima
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 10:36
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackcoffeenosugars, I'm confused now! I just stated that the go around from the MAP must be less restrictive as you have a better climb gradient as you have more height and distance. Hence there is no reason not to follow the published missed approach,your climb gradient is assured if you follow the profile.
The Go Around point, even below minima, cannot possibly be closer to the EO SID than the DER. Most runways are 2 miles long, the MAP for an NPA will be 2 miles this side, for a CAT 1 .75 miles, thats at least 2.75 miles before the start of the EO side, probably more, as the first segment will add another mile, advantage at least 3 miles, or XXX feet in altitude.

For a balked landing SE? once the wheels have touched? never, never.

We do not have to follow the EO sid for the Go Around from the same runway we departed for instance as we are already at V2 and the performance allows for the normal SID.

Probably, the reason there was no discussion on go around below minima is that there is no legislation to cover this, other than, don't go below minima unless you have the required viusal refferences to land.

Rudderrudderrat is quite correct in the statements made.

Blips opinion, it's a debate, he's entitled to it, it's not approved or recognised and has practical problems, no LNAV available for instance, unless you know an FMS where I can sequence a departure E/O sid following an approach?
Where no circle minima is published, rules are found in PAN OPS, it's not a guessing game here.
The suggestion you are below minima in the first place implies IMC conditions and the visual terrain avoidance hmm?

Wizofoz, In the cases you sited, Dumping fuel, I am assume you are reffering to an return to land or diversion possible overweight landing.
For clarity, In terms of your opinions to the three scenarios presented in the original post..what course of action are you suggesting.. an Non Standard missed approach was not one of the options.

FE Hoppy, the minimum certified perf is 2.4% at V2, obviously if you are below V2 this will not be guaranteed.

Last edited by Kirks gusset; 13th Feb 2010 at 11:17.