PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 10:10
2J&D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO New Seats

Hi All

Well for those interested I managed to get to try the BF seats last night and I have to say, they are very good.

I am fortunate to have been able to travel BF to EWR and the 'old seat' was very comfortable, however the new seats are so much nicer. In Summary:

Lie Flat and not angled to the ground
Larger TV than previously
Proper Duvet as opposed to just a scratchy blanket!
Lots more storage space than previously
Various plugs etc for laptops / ipods etc
Various positions for the seat i.e not just seated / flat. Which is great as it offers a lot of comfort options

Generally, this will make whole BF experience so much nicer, from a comfort point of view than previously. They are ever so slightly angled to wards the window from what I could make out, and there will still be 16 seats on the 75's. It may mean the aisle is a little smaller, however as meal service is personalised, I do not see a problem.

They are being progressively fitted to all 757's and it is nice to report that BRS has already had the seats on one of it scheduled services! So it seems that those booked in BF could possibly be fortunate to have the seats in the future. I believe it is going to take approx 2 year to complete.

With the addition of the new seats, and with PTV's in Economy I really cannot see the reason why the CO service does not continue to expand and grow. It offers such a great service for regional departures and I suggest anyone who has not tried it yet whether BF or Economy does give it a try! (and no I dont work for CO!)

MV - in answer to your question, these seats will also be installed on the the 777's as well. Not too sure about the 767's but unless there is an increase in the demand for the BF cabin, then BRS should be safe with a 757 anyway.

Also, as you are aware they had a 'few' problems last week and there were 2 departures from BRS last Saturday...To top it all the check in process had to be done manually as the systems went down...By all accounts a fun day was had by all (not!)

Thanks