PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Feb 2010, 08:59
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time Traveller

Thats all very good information, and yes QA usually looks after your travel on our network.

with regards to the Type rating. we do and have hired many non typed guys here and continue to do so, BUT being out of currency can have an affect with QCAA. I'm not the official speaker of the airline of course, i can only speak from experience as I have seen guys who were out of currency get hired here. In recent months the QCAA has changed allot of the policies towards the airline as we have embarked on specific long haul and Ultra Long Haul (ULR) flights, not to mention Cat IIIb approval and a few other items causing the QCAA to give the airline a fine tuning. having said that it could be quite possible that they have also implemented some restrictions with regards to new candidate approvals. My comments to ericthewellread assumes he has a vast amount of PIC time on the B777 but no longer current, this would require QA to send a letter to the QCAA for approval, it's quite simple really. But, as in all things here, the airline is in a constant mode of change. what is now is not tomorrow.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch