PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2010, 07:41
WindSwept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cov man - as usual you have spouted off before thinking. Do you think im that stupid that i can't add. if you lose assistants you lose controllers. You don't have more staff than you need if you get rid of assistants it naturally follows that controllers must also go to downsize. So as i said 6-7 ASSISTANTS and 16 odd Controllers. Perhaps you should go and take some classes instead?

Controllers do indeed get jobs easier than assistants, without a doubt even in this climate. Controllers have measurable qualifications, licenses and ratings in different positions which is something they can prove with another employer. Assistants are all trained in house and only have qualifcations such as met ratings, RT license's and maybe general airport related qualifcations such as airside driving. Due to their lower position they also tend to be recruited locally, or internally when positions open hence companies don't advertise for them. Except for select units they don't get paid on a similar scale to controllers meaning they couldn't afford to move away from their current homes etc to go get jobs elsewhere.

Very sad news about ADP pulling out, i think that it will probably be the end of commercial operations and the airport will be bought perhaps by a consortium of flying schools to run it for themselves. With no serious buyer with commercial prospects it won't be a venture for Marshall and i should think they will throw in the towel and go elsewhere?