PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What can I do now?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2002, 20:12
Autofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RMBF,

I'm in a similar situation other than I think your probably slightly younger than me which means you have time on your side.

Once you've done your GFT it is very easy to slip into bad habits when taking your friends and family flying (i.e. track crawling etc.etc.) Make sure that in every entry into your logbook post PPL GFT you do something useful like go to an airfield you've never been to before, do a night rating, do some steep turns and stalls, have a crack at some flapless approaches, go to Netherthorpe where the runway is dam short!!!! You get the idea. What i'm trying to put across is it can be very easy to get out of practice let alone increase your experience.

Basically my advice is to keep doing what your doing and ride out the storm that the industry has thrown at us all. You've got time on your side for sure so there's no real rush. Danny and co didn't start their commercail stuff till late on and i reckon they've done pretty well for themselves. See how the situation pans out. You may find in a year or two its all rosey again and you'll do a CAP 509 or a modular. Until then just enjoy what your doing.

Good luck

Autofly