PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 13th Feb 2010, 03:20
TimsBits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what the basic premise of the ineligibility discussion is:

I had to go through hell and highwater, therefore you have to as well before I consider you worthy of what I get, regardless of whether or not we do the same job.

Don't ask me to help you climb the same mountain. Get your own carabiners, your own bungees. See you at the top suckas.
Mullah....

To follow on from what 69 said "never let the truth get in the way of a good story...."
What we are saying is NOT "screw the CEP's cause I had to go through Hell to get here...." so stop sensationalizing...

What we are saying is that Housing was never part of the contract that they signed, so therefor it is a useless arguement, legally and otherwise!!!!

Call it "Lifestyle Improvement", call it "Benefits Enhancement"...call it whatever you like, but to be pleading to me, the Company, the Courts, and John Q Public, that " I am hard done by cause Bobby gets something that I now want, even though I knew that I was never entitled to it IN THE CONTRACT THAT I ACCEPTED", is both futile, and possibly harmful to the whole Pilot body!!!

Nobody is saying that we don't want to see the CEP's get some sort of compensation for housing....NOBODY!!!!

Simply have the AOA re-think the way that they are selling this thing, and you might stand a chance....with the current tactic=NADA!!!

I will not, however, be made to feel guilty for accepting a contact that was based on Market Value at the time, which included housing, for experienced expat applicants, so get !!!!