PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Feb 2010, 01:15
ericthewellread

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
777 instrument proficiency check prior to interview?

I just got my invite for the end of March 2010. I have not flown the 777 or any aircraft since 2005. The fact of my non-currency should be obvious from my QR application. I did not think that I had a chance, being non-current on anything, but apparently I do have a shot.

I am 55, so too old for FO. I applied for 777 DEC Capt. I Am typed in 777 but FAA type has limitation of P.I.C. in cruize flight only. This limitation was also plain on my application. I learned that GCAA will not grant a Qatari certificate based on another country's certificate (USA) FAA that has more privileges than my existing certificate. I expect that this would require a full 777 type rating Captain course, which is fine, by me, since I have not flown in 4.5 years.

I was considering buying some 777 sim time to get an instrument proficiency check and get my landings current.

Time Traveler, we did exchange PMs about your QR interview & you said they told you that the candidate had to "...have a current IR (LPC) PRIOR to starting a type rating course."

If I get a 777 instrument proficency check on my own, prior to the interview, I hope QR would not expect me to pass their Captain check ride with no training, especially with me being so rusty.