PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 13th Feb 2010, 01:04
geh065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly I am absolutely disgusted and appalled to have to call you guys my colleagues. When one group is trying to better their conditions, instead of support or even indifference because it affects you in no way, you lot go out of your way to purposely attack the will to improve contractual agreements!! I have never heard any CEP complain to me about expat conditions changing with new housing agreements over the years. They sit there quietly listening to expats complain about how they cannot afford to pay for their second yacht because selling their first one has been harder than they thought, or how their flat in Repulse Bay is costing more in renovations than they thought because the jacuzzi has to be craned up to the roof. Is it any surprise that finally they are sick of it?

So, instead of supporting them in their quest for improvements we attack them because they had a cushy way into an airline job? Can any of us honestly hand on heart say that we would not have jumped at the same opportunity? It is purely hypocritical to say that the CEPs are jealous of the superior lifestyle afforded by being an expat. Bitching about the way they have had their training paid for doesn't seem like jealousy to you? Yes they got some cheap training and therefore they must pay for that by being inferior pilots for the rest of their lives and retire to a lower standard of living than expats. Come on....

Perhaps when the housing deal for the expats is up for renewal the CEPs can go to the media with an attack of how we dare wish our conditions to be improved, afterall that would be totally fair and justified seeing the way we have acted on this public forum.