PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 13th Feb 2010, 00:51
Tired_All_The_Time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread should be deleted.
It is disgusting that there are so many people here that are trying to deny a group of our colleagues the right to ask for an equal package.
It does not affect the expat contract if the LEP's fight for a better deal. It does not mean that because your contract is better you are therefore a better pilot and worthy of elevated status. It just means that you begrudge a group of our fellows a benefit that makes your own life better.
Standing up in support of the LEP's would benefit all of us in the long run by showing our strength and unity. The company needs to understand that we are not so selfish as individual groups, and so easily managed, that they can cause us to turn on each-other and do their own dirty work for them.
And do not be fooled into thinking that you are safe on your contract. My contract has been changed unilaterally without my permission in the past, with a "sign or you're fired" gun to my head. Don''t think it won't happen again.
We ought to stand by the LEP's to support them in their fight against the company.
Have some integrity and look out for your colleages, and wish them well for a better deal!