PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 13th Feb 2010, 00:46
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is unfortunately a subject that will divide. For the past 6 months, I have been a huge advocate of the CPP Scheme and have recognised the benefits of having such a scheme. I have also been positive in the FH Wannabee forum in light of posts from our own guys who are pretty much trying to put cadets off from joining the scheme due to lack of Housing Allowance, air pollution, lack of space, and high cost of steak and chips.

Naturally myself and others could read these people (you know you who are) like a book and the basis of their comments was that if we start a culture of not paying housing allowance, then when will it be our turn to have our T&Cs reduced even further? Fair point or over-exagerrated? Its up to you to discuss.

The point is that if we start giving our cadets the same benefits that us DEFO/DEC/DESOs get, then surely the more senior guys will moan as this would be unfair - traning for free, then same benefits. On the other hand, if cadets are not given the same benefits as us, there will also be a group denouncing the CPP scheme and the cadets as it's a threat on our future T&Cs. (By the way IlovePX, you are a F'ing racist for that comment so zip it).

This is a terrible state to be in because whatever is decided, one half of us will not be happy. Any decision is robbing Peter to pay Paul. On another note, the latest DFO update does mention talks regarding a little allowance for LEPs upon reaching FO. What is the general feeling about this allowance. Can it satisfy both parties?