PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Building hours for free. With PPL getting other people paying for my aircraft rental
Old 12th Feb 2010, 19:37
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this stranger will save me some thousand of pounds I'll definitely put it on consideration.
Wouldn't you?
You should hope my mate Steve doesn't turn up then.

He has a mental illness that is quite nasty when he gets nervous. He gets violent and mad, very, very unstable. He has been sectioned but care in the community and drugs and they let him have his own flat. You would never know about the illness if you met the guy in the street. (He even holds down a part time job)

Anyhow, he wants to take up flying again and is willing to pay this time.. Last time he had God teaching him to fly for free, without an aeroplane......

He stopped in the mid-nineties, he won't tell us why but he now wants another go at it and says God will not teach him again......

This just came out whilst casually chatting about Ryanair of all things. He just dropped that right into the middle of the conversation and carried on talking about Ryanair again as if nothing happened.

The world is full of Steve's like him. How on earth will you know if he or anyone who turns up in fact is not mad or dangerous.

I am not taking the pee out of Steve here or anyone with a mental illness in fact. I am just highlighting one of the reasons why no-one else has come up with your bright idea before.