PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2010, 19:31
Sir George Cayley

At least two well funded consortia have paid serious amounts of money to see the books and conduct due diligence.

Both have declined to proceed past this point and enter purchase negotiations having evaluated what they were shown and talked to prospective stakeholder airlines.

In the harsh economic climate in which aviation has to work today could a third, fourth or fifth bidder see some business opportunity the others have missed?

If the Local Authority and the Local Planning Authority had acted differently over the years, and if the recent operator had acted in what some might call a more professional manner maybe none of this would have happened. But it has.

Does it fall to me to point out the Naked King? I've always had a good experience when using Coventry, but nothing lasts for ever and I think unless the ground landlord gets real, real quick it's curtains.

I take absolutely no pleasure in writing this, but there is a cold harsh wind of reality which this corner of the Midlands has to now accept. If I win tonight's Euro Lottery I'd certainly consider an offer to purchase the runway and hangars though.

Sir George Cayley

Last edited by Sir George Cayley; 12th Feb 2010 at 19:33. Reason: spellink 'n punctuation