PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 19:30
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't the LEPs pay for their training if they will get an housing allowance?
You go around and ask the CEP's if they're willing to pay back their training cost if they could get an housing allowance. I for one am willing to pay interest of top of or even double the training cost if it gets me there. 1.2 million HKD equals how many years of housing allowance, you do the math for me. It can't even get u a half decent 400 sq ft apartment in town.

Why do they have a pretty much guaranteed job as a wide body FO then - why not make them compete with expats for their jobs at the end of their training?
Guaranteed job as a wide body FO? Dude, have you actually been through CX training system? What's guaranteed is if you have the slightest screw up you're gonna get a call from 3rd floor. Do some research and see what's the percentage of cadet graduates actually get through to become an FO in this company. And sure, let them compete with expats for their jobs at the end of their training, CX would love to write off their "suggested" 1.2 million training cost spending that way. In fact, that's a good idea, why not make the instructor cadets compete with expats for their jobs at the end of their training. By then they would have enough hours to do so, since they're getting the full allowance anyway it'd only be fair to see if they're as worthy as the next expat pilot applicant.

A few months ago, I flew with a LEP that had just bought his new jag and was planning his ski trip in the Alps....please, with 500hrs total time most of us were struggling to pay rent.
Did you actually ask whether he paid all that with his CX salary? If you didn't then I could tell you that my friend who never had to work owns an Audi R8, do you care?

Last edited by CXChildLabour; 12th Feb 2010 at 19:43.