Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2010, 19:28
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ski destinations

Hello WATABENCH,

I noticed that in the CWL thread you alluded to the BRS ski market.

You mentioned Geneva vis-a-vis BRS. It may have been a post I did some time last year.

2008 CAA stats for UK to Geneva routes show that BRS carried more passengers on the route than any UK regional airport.

Totals to the nearest thousand were - total of charter and scheduled routes where appropriate:

Gatwick 702K
Heathrow 577K
London City 332K
Luton 307K
Bristol 158K
Liverpool 142K
Edinburgh 120K
East Midlands 119K
Birmingham 118K
Manchester 87K
Stansted 76K
Leeds-Bradford 55K
Newcastle 41K
Bournemouth 33K
Belfast International 31K

The remaining UK airports were fewer than 20K including perhaps surprisingly Glasgow International at 16K. Cardiff carried 14K.

Incidentally, the BRS total breaks down as 152K scheduled and 6K charter.

2009 totals not yet published.

easyJet has 19 weekly rotations to Geneva most weeks in the ski season at Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur each 2 x daily, Fri and Sat 4 x daily, Sun 3 x daily (broadly similar to previous recent winters) plus, as you mentioned, the weekly Saturday TOM ski flight to GVA.

Your list of weekly ski charter flights may have missed out a couple.

The full list is:

Saturdays

TOM to Salzburg, Verona, Chambery, Grenoble, Geneva and Sofia
TCX to Salzburg
BGH to Sofia
AUA to Innsbruck

Sundays

TOM to Turin and Toulouse
AEU to Chambery
MON to Kittila

This is a total of 13 weekly ski flights, one or perhaps two down on last winter.

With easyJet flying daily to Toulouse, 5 x weekly at the moment to Milan Malpensa, 3/4 x weekly to Grenoble (seems to vary with a second Sat flight put on some weeks), 2 x weekly to Innsbruck, plus their big Geneva schedule mentioned earlier, and Ryanair weekly to Turin and up to daily to Milan Bergamo the ski market in the South West seems to be holding up because this sort of programme is similar to previous recent winters.

Mustn't forget the home market, as you rightly pointed out, with Inverness showing 5 x weekly easyJet flights at the moment.

Off to see the new CO flat bed Bizfirst seats this evening. Not onboard an aircraft though!

Just wondered if anyone is interested in me posting any comments or observations??
2J&D,

I would certainly be very interested.

Are these beds specific to the CO 757s? If so, I can't see why this thread is not appropriate because Bristol isn't likely to be seeing other CO aircraft on the route for a considerable time, one would think.