PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 18:51
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plus the company has offered to give LEP FOs 12 000$ / mth!
LOL, how long have u been working in this company to believe every single word in that DFO update? As far as I know, the "offer" was verbally conversed to the LPF committee as a "possibility", nothing is written anywhere black and white nor was a effective date given. Far as I know, it could come somewhere between the year 2010 to 20010. The company "offers" a lot of promises, you tell me how many actually became reality.

Wrong! Once employed on EXPAT terms and conditions, the contract is binding no matter HOW LONG you live and work in Hong Kong.

Your employment contract has NOTHING to do with a change in status in the country where you now live and work.
Oh really? Why were the Canadian based guys forced to sign onto COS08 or else they'd have to give up their base? Wasn't COS99 binding for them on that base? And why do the DEFO's get expat status when they move to HKG after they signed a local term contract on the base? It's a binding local term contract they signed so they should be paid as a local no matter where they're based, correct? The CEP's signed a binding local term contract and they're paid local terms on a base...........

Last edited by CXChildLabour; 12th Feb 2010 at 19:02.