PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 18:18
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ad Posse

That's not what the DFO seems to think, as his recent remarks have alluded to.

I'm not saying he's right but is it not arguable to say that once you become a permanent legal resident of the country you reside in, that you are no longer, by definition, an expatriate in that country....because it is now a legal residence?

Which is why I'm saying, it's a dangerous precedent to follow....the company is trying to blur the lines between definitions of locals and expats, and in that run are trying to pit the expats against the locals (are bobruns comments not an example?), using the locals as scapegoats for the what they are planning for the greater pilot community. And don't think that the company hasn't thought about it for a long time. This is playing right into their hands. I understand the concept that you are putting forward, that once a contract is signed, that it remains as is, but you and I both know that that is not the case in CX, and that things change and become redefined at their behest, not ours.