PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 17:18
bobrun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This time, I have to say that I am 100% behind the DFO on that one.

Why don't the LEPs pay for their training if they will get an housing allowance?
Why do they have a pretty much guaranteed job as a wide body FO then - why not make them compete with expats for their jobs at the end of their training?

And don't forget that "locally employed" based guys do not receive any allowances at any point while LEP in HK do (plus the company has offered to give LEP FOs 12 000$ / mth!).

Someone needs a reality check! Stop comparing yourself to the pilots in HK and look around in the world; you have had one of the easiest and cushiest path in civil aviation that exits today. A few months ago, I flew with a LEP that had just bought his new jag and was planning his ski trip in the Alps....please, with 500hrs total time most of us were struggling to pay rent.

Shame on the AOA for pursuing this issue. I realise they have to try to please everyone, but this pointless case will only hurt us during other real negotiations that we'll have to face this year.