PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands Airbridge
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2010, 17:13
Jimlad1

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Just to back up Datas superb points, I was on the same flight as him (no idea who he/she is though) and would support all his points.

It was a bloody farce listening to the reason for our late departure being the loss of a flight plan, and the updates about how it had been lost then found. Particularly so when a lot of fairly senior staff were on the plan (including CBFSAI) - what sort of image does this present of the RAF to a senior tri-service audience?

The landing at ASI - I'm not a pilot, but it was probably the roughest landing I've ever seen, in and out of an Operational theatre - if there's a reason for it, it would be great if the pros here could explain why in laymans terms?

As for the seating - there was a clear tannoy at MPA saying "you'll keep your seats at ASI" - at ASI it was every person for themselves - total chaos and a lot of hacked off, very tired people dealing with the failure of communication at some point in the chain.

This isn't a grip at individuals, but corporately it shows the RAF in a less than professional way, and that was unfortunate and easily avoidable.