PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 15:51
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pardon the thread drift, but when geh65 said
As B scalers we often have little good to say about the way A scalers allowed the B scale to happen under their noses
As A scalers, we couldn't believe 'you people' would actually come and sign up for the job on B scales knowing everyone just ahead of you was on A scale
However , when you said
Honestly is it any surprise the public have such little sympathy for us?
I couldn't help but agree.

The carrying on by certain individuals on this thread does our profession no good at all. It makes us look petty, selfish and immature - unbecoming of our occupations.

For what it's worth, I reckon the LEP's are on a hiding to nothing by pushing for the housing aspect, but I would support their achieving a compensatory pay 'addition' after an agreed apprenticeship type period.

Yes they mainly came to the party with nothing, were taught effectively for free, and contributed little for a number of years. In comparison, the older and often type rated expat bought much to the party in hours and normally significant varied experience. I'm sure the company would like it better if pilots were not needed. as we are a somewhat troublesome and hard to manage group, so they dislike us all intensely, both LEP's and expats.

However, is it right that the LEP's are kept in aviation servitude for the whole of their career, most expat posters seem to agree this is unfair.
But for the LEP's to go for the housing aspect is losing sight of the big picture, I would respectfully suggest a different plan of attack if you are really hoping to better your contract. By pursuing the housing, I feel you are doing nothing more than playing into the companies hands, and they are past masters at the divide and conquer game.