PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX hiring in the Phils
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2002, 08:51
6feetunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you should.

Unjust and ineffective in your eyes.

I don't care if people disagree with me but you continue to ask the same thing time after time. Are you like Bart Simpson, asking the same question until you get the answer you like?

The ban has been in place for 9 months now. Do you think that is going to change without some sort of resolution regarding the reason for implementing it? The members of the AOA are asking people not to join CX. Asking nice obviously wouldn't work so some incentive is needed. Negative reinforcement in the form of the IFALPA ban is an available tool so they chose to use it.

The objective of the union is to protect it's members interests, not new hires. That means keeping as many on the property as possible. That means doing the job while continuing to apply pressure in other ways. If you think for one minute CX wouldn't be on the street taking in DE captains because their FOs decided not to take the upgrade you have no idea who we are dealing with. They have already denied promotion to pilots with even a hint of a "loyalty problem", dozens of pilots. Some think this is a tactic leading to "we don't have enough to promote from within so we are hiring DE Capts and FOs as of now". It's part of the over all attack on the entire seniority system that a certain manager wants eliminated, he has stated so.

So you see some tools are available and some aren't. Industrial relations in HK are difficult. The union is doing it's best in a very hostile environment. So you see wiz the ban isn't going anywhere, learn to live with it. There are a lot of things that aren't fair in this world, maybe this is one of them. Personally I don't want to sit beside anyone that would go against it so I don't have a problem with it.