PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 11:05
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69er, nope sorry didn't see through the looking glass but I got your point now.

if the Emirates way results in the same take home pay in the end, then I'm sure the CEPs would be all for it, but personally I think it has to be done in a way that cannot be misconstrued...i.e. if our basic pay goes up, then surely the expats and based guys should be entitled to the same as basic pay is across the board....this I absolutely believe and think it would be a fatal mistake to touch the basic payscales, it would only cause more trouble than there already is.

Not meant to be an insult but it appears to me then that there is a fear quotient involved, that you are concerned that the company will use it as an excuse to attack the foundations of the housing agreement for the expats, based on the definition of the term of the allowance?

I can understand your concern about having the housing allowance undermined, but the CEP point has always been about closing the gap, however the allowance is defined. But I fall back on my own mindset when I say that I believe we are talking semantics, housing allowance/special allowance/local assistance, so that's where I think you and I have a different perspective on the applicability of the terminology. Not necessarily curable, this difference, but may I suggest that if it is of enough concern, let the AOA know about it, because the last thing the CEPs want to do is antagonise the expat community.