PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 10:31
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69er, forgot to add:

That point that you made:
Quote:
the global CEP program, no guarantee of slots for the local hongers anymore, which is what it was originally designed for as kids here have zero opportunity to mow lawns while working their way through flight school
"If the company is having a difficult time recruiting locally what other options do they have?? Furthermore, as I mentioned earlier, if you don't want a distinction between expats and local CEPs, why should the CEP program be exclusive to locals from Hong Kong??"

That last little bit is almost the point, the CEP program is indeed no longer exclusive to the HKG community, therefore the gap of distinction between expats and locals has become blurred even further. Should the T&Cs not start to reflect that?

Just to be clear, and this is an honest question, am I correct in saying that via the definition of housing, you do not agree that CEPs should have dibs, but given any other name, it is acceptable? So this is a matter based upon definition?

As for the guys who were offered local or nothing, I personally know of one who is no longer with us and is now working for another outfit in HKG (actually he was given expat, these terms were later revoked shortly after he joined) and interestingly enough, another individual who posted on page 3 of this thread, post # 55.

Ex Cathedra
Good point, and yes it is the living standard that we would like to see planed out. Time will tell how to take the direction of the argument.

Last edited by Mullah Lite; 12th Feb 2010 at 10:43.