PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 10:25
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are you suggesting that all expats are getting housing allowance just because they HAD UNWILLINGLY stay in HKG??? In that case may I suggest that those who are WILLING to be relocated back home at short notice may get the allowance while in HKG, as for those who CHOOSES to stay in HKG don't? Cause I don't really see any sacrifices made in the latter case as they're here BY CHOICE.
Listen Newbie most expats don't consider Hong Kong their home, they choose to stay purely to get ahead financially based on terms and conditions of employment that they signed up for. Because they choose to stay that doesn't mean that it wasn't a sacrifice to move family and self abroad, but of course if things weren't handed to you on a silver platter you would understand that.

And next time if you wanna make your argument valid, please get your facts straight. You're completely ignoring the fact (which the AOA confirmed with the media as well) that there are CEP's who were hired on DIRECT ENTRY TERMS yet were put on LOCAL TERMS once the company found out they own a HK ID card.
So enlighten me, how many exactly are in the above scenario, give me exact numbers before you mouth off!!!! So you take a few discriminatory examples and justify expat benefits to the whole lot......really put some time under your belt first before you become credible, but for now piss off!