PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 07:01
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69er,

Thanks for your effort in researching into my background. It seems that you have a little problem looking into the big picture of my posts. All along I've been saying that the CEP's acknowledge there should be a payback period for the company to recover its cost. Is that really "ALL OF A SUDDEN NOW IT IS YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO BE ENTITLED TO THE HOUSING ALLOWANCE"? How long would you consider as "ALL OF A SUDDEN"? Your whole career? How about ALL OF A SUDDEN you want your upgrade? ALL OF A SUDDEN you want your bypass? ALL OF A SUDDEN you want RA65? ALL OF A SUDDEN you want a payrise? ALL OF A SUDDEN you think your housing allowance should go with inflation? Make it full housing by the time CEP's make captains or 20 years in the company, whatever, at least there should be a set point where it's all equal and their effort and experience should be recognized. If you can give hard prove how our CEP CN or even STC's are simply not as worthy as the next person on the same grade, be my guess and I'll bow down to you.

For sure I ain't simply fighting for myself, unlike some selfish people here trying to cut other peers' throat to protect their very own interest. Whether this whole thing benefits me or not is still up in the air, but I can tell you it's very highly unlikely as I've said already that HKG isn't in my long term plan, I probably should try to fight for housing for the base guys if anything. Not everyone in this forum speak ONLY for themselves, there's a much greater interest out there for all of your counterparts' condition to be improved. Just think about it, if the local terms improve, what is the lowest the company could go if eventually NR does say expats do become a local after so many years? CEP's are not fighting for their interest to degrade others' life, and sure as hell we wouldn't be jumping up and down trying to prevent the others improve/protect their own when the time comes.