PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 12th Feb 2010, 05:12
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ad Posse

That's the whole point though, what you said can basically translate into serving the first several years with basic pay only, forfeit any allowance to pay back the training costs with respect to company profitability (although that in itself could interpreted). Some of us did the maths, don't quote me on this though, and figured that it would take about 5 years (conservatively) to recoup the training costs in its entirety, if not less depending on time of upgrade. I really should find some hard numbers to post but it's just a ballpark figure. Given that some guys have the potential to serve 30 + years, that's a lot of make up time left over to have without receiving anything to make up with, no?

As for DEFOs, it actually says in my contract in black and white, that FOs will not be hired directly onto a base. So the company unilaterally changes the contract for '08 which now allows it. Surely if the company is at leisure to change contracts in their entirety which affects the existing workforce, then the employees are allowed some latitude to discuss changes to theirs as well to make up for any adverse effects? Doesn't seem unreasonable.

Trying to fight the system, not each other.