PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 23:28
geh065

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im no racist, but I just dont sleep as well when there are two local ex-cadets up front, than some crusty ole expats. Think about it.
I can't believe anyone would even say this. I have flown with plenty of ex-cadets, direct entry F/Os, S/Os and based captains in the last few years and I must say that the ex-cadets are normally some of the sharpest, book-smart people I know. The ex-cadet captains and training captains are every bit as good as the best expat captains and even the worst ex-cadet is by far much better than the worst expat pilot I have flown with. Some of the expats have actually been pretty average to say the least so your opinion is nothing short of being racist.

The locals are hired after a barrage of tests and intense training. If they are not very capable, they do not pass all this. Some expats have had a rather chequered histrory prior to CX but because they have the hours and pass the interview process, they get in. The same expats sometimes admit that if they were the do the intense course the locals do, that they would probably not have passed, and having seen their flying skills, I believe it!

This is nothing about race and please don't make it so. This is a public forum.