PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Level 4 testing standards
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 16:59
Farrell
The Cooler King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can categorically assure you that after March 2011, ICAO will be going through each member state like a dose of salts in relation to LPRs.

Some countries are making valiant efforts to be compliant while others are dragging their heels or qualifying their personnel "en masse".

An ICAO audit will require full disclosure of documentation AND more importantly, justification for whatever rating has been given.
Those who have just signed off all of their pilots and controllers as a Level 6, 5 or 4 without testing are in for a shock.

Mark my words.

And in answer to the original poster, ICAO are not weak, they DO have a proper mandate and I have been very surprised in the past about how big a stick they can carry.....and use when it is required.

But also folks....remember that ICAO are not the aviation police and did not generate the LPRs alone.
Like most other mandates, they were ASKED by member states to put this in place.
We have India to thank for the original request. They were very brave to go and ask for it, and it has taken thirteen years to get it to this stage.