PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 15:38
CXChildLabour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't agree with you more Cpt. Underpants. Call it pay, allowance, housing, rent assistance, under-the-table-money, whatever, WE DO NOT CARE. At the end of the day, it's equality that we're looking for.

Lowkoon, I sure hope you can write to the company on CEP's behave, cause as of right now, even those CEP's with 1000 multi command time ARE NOT getting equal pay. So thank you very much for your support in advance.

And those who keeps saying that the cadets took a backdoor, jumped the queue, or what have you. Please explain to me why then are those instructor cadets getting full housing allowance? They had no experience when they joined the program and would NOT have any commercial command time when they come back to CX. I'm sure it's a coincidence that a senior captain's son just so happens to be in the course, even though he originally was accepted into the normal cadet course. It's interesting to note that a handful of CEP's (even captains) actually asked about the possibility of going back down to ADL to be in the instructor course.

With NR citing on a RTHK talkshow today the possibility of doing away housing allowances and giving a cash allowance instead, which I'm sure will be MUCH MUCH less than what expats are getting right now, I am actually looking forward to the day the "other" pilot group starts crying foul and look for support from the "remaining" pilot body in their fight to keep their housing. Highly doubt the CEP's would come back and say "we warned you so live with it".