PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 14:53
Cpt. Underpants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being the devils' advocate here:

I would rather have my basic package increased to my "basic + allowances" to allow me to what I want with the money. I'm being taxed on the housing allowance anyway but stuck with their arcane rules. A few (and we all know who) have fallen foul of the red tape and been terminated in a brutal and public fashion.

IF the Savills people at CX were done away with, there would be an immediate cost savings.

IF we were to get a basic increase it would satisfy the guys and girls on LEP T&C.

IF they paid a non-discriminatory package to all they (NR, TT et al) would be able to hold the moral high ground - an important position in the tough times that are bound to follow in the next decade or so.

IF they want to make CX a more attractive proposition for locals it would make a mediocre at best package seem a lot better. You attract more flies with honey...

IF they raised the basic package there would be more incentive for some to stay on bases.

They have had it so good for so long, even they can't believe their luck. I have heard (on more than one occasion) a smug suit bragging in the Gay Bar how they have not only been able to suppress pilot salaries for 15 years, but are able to attract more and more desperate types to HKG on steadily reducing packages. I had to leave when I heard that, BTW (for my own job longevity). I didn't fancy being another Darby M.

Just my .02c. Its' time for the AOA to come to the company with a dramatic and innovative approach to what is rapidly becoming a hot potato with Corporate Communications (even typing that title gets my BP rising).

WE (the pilots) Local and Expat are the solution.