PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:53
bocken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting story! A similar thing happened to me late last year. On December 22nd 2009 I was on a flight from STN to GSE - as we got closer to Gothenburg the pilot said that due to the weather both Gothenburg Säve and Landvetter airports were closed, and that we would circle while they cleared the runways. Eventually we began approaching Säve only to abort quite late into the approach, whereupon we flew directly to Stockholm (I'm not sure if it was Skavsta or Vasteras, I think the former) where we landed and were initially wished a pleasant onward journey and thanked for flying with RYR - not very helpful when you're on the other side of a country in a middle of a snowstorm, 22:30 and in true Ryanair style, a long way from another transport hub. Before a mutiny broke out the staff announced that we would wait on the plane while they found out what RYR head office had to say, and whether Gothenburg would be re-opening soon. An hour or so later we took off and flew to Gothenburg Landvetter (we were able to call friends/family/etc while on the ground and rearrange meetings), and that was the end of that. No mention of 'illegal' closures, compensation, no sign of this in the Ryanair news archive.