PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:13
Tornado Ali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm, call me a conspiracy theorist, but the timing of this is very suspect. Intreresting how this issue has erupted at the same moment that Nick places a cryptic comment in Crews News regarding housing and the definition of who qualifies as a 'local' (ie: who would not qualify for housing). It is obvious that CX are about to take a major run at the most sacrosanct item in our contracts, that of housing (and perhaps also the 'right of return to HK'). It would seem that generating a huge contoversy in respect of 'discrimination' (particularly if they couch it as local vs expat benefits) would suit the coming negotiations perfectly. CX could insist that in the 'interests of fairness', housing must now be seen to be 'equitable', but of course the budget could not be increased, blah, blah, blah... I suspect this is the first major attack designed to neuter expat benefits (for pilots only of course...don't expect to see this applied to management!). The AOA had better get their hardhats on....this one is going to get ugly. As for the CEP's, your arguement is false...but I do support you obtaining a significant pay rise instead. The housing arguement is simply disengenuous.