PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nil wind rig operations
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:10
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The original query sounds like all cock an bull to me. can you imagine a mob of rear seat hanging-rail pax being all cheery and friendly while some clown trotted out those sorts of stories for two days?

WRT to diving off a small height, may I relate it as a dangerous pastime and illustrate.
It goes like this.
One clown that I had working for me once had developed the self same habit. diving off the pad over the edge with a clearance of about fifty feet, usual doctor from the left quarter front, albeit behind a few trees to the left. get the picture? wind tumbling over the edge even on a light wind day.

It was something of which I was oblivious otherwise what did happen would not have. Yep you guessed it, not quite enough speed or wind.

As he neared the bottom below the parapet, flaired, picked up a sickening dropping feeling, and rolled the bloody thing up in a whole heap of large rocks and flying debris.

All three pax bounced out with barely a scratch. very lucky, so was he many years later as he was gratuously handed a safety award and his citation mentioned that he had a nil accident record!!

yessir, it's a funny industry this one of ours.

I cordially suggest always lift and hold on its own engine merit, provided both horses are still kicking, in a climbing attitude, howsoever slow a RofC it be.