PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Realising the benefits of Avionics
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:16
hugel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been nose-deep in "Competitive Strategy" and "Competitive Advantage" for some weeks now

When you say performing to spec, presumably you mean the aircraft meets the specified performance criteria. As a means of selling a demonstrator or showing feasibility its a good one.

The other interesting aspect for a commercial evaluation is bid compliance. Most of the big companies have complex marking scheme as part of their investment appraisal.

The question is how could a company best compete ? Demonstrating capability rather than simply stating it in the tender is an obvious way (show don't tell)

Although I haven't been involved in procurement for a while, cardinal-points specs were the order of the day (what'ya got !?!) rather than prescriptive specifications. I suppose it's all different again now

If anyone is wondering what on earth I am talking about, you can add your opinion to the (academic) survey using the link Realising the Benefits for Aviation Industry - Competitive Advantage in Avionics Survey

hugel