PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:16
CXdiscriminates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX exploits Hong Kong

I am a holder of a Hong Kong permanent ID card and was offered a Direct Entry position with Cathay Pacific back in 2007. At the time I had over 5000 total hours with 1500 hrs command on a B767.

I was offered Local terms. So it does not matter whether you have 0 hours or thousands of hours, CX will discriminate and pay Hong Kongers less to do the same job.

The Cathay Pacific Group continues to earn it's money from Hong Kong (and exploit it) yet it does not even have the decency to provide it's citizens with well paid jobs.

CX is now hiring cadets from all over world citing that it is unable to recruit local pilots. Not true.

There are many Hong Kong pilots flying overseas that have the required experience and qualification to join Cathay Pacific, however as long as Cathay Pacific continues to discriminate against Hong Kong pilots/people by paying them virtually half the pay for the same job it will never attract any local talent whether experienced or not.