PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Elevator sticks at the Burj
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:05
OMDB-PiLoT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ferris - What are you talking about? Are you saying brand new things dont have mechanical or electrical failures? Is this news to you? There are so many "brand spanking new" things that break! Look at A380 for example. Or are you not going to talk about it's build quality now? A lot of things (mechanical or electrical) in that building are new to this world merely because of the size of that building. The elevator was working all this time, and it had safety backups working at least! BTW, here's another quote from that "elevator accident attorney":

"Elevators can also have design defects or installation mistakes that can make them dangerous even when they are brand new."

I'm sorry, but your views are just absurd and stereotypical. You guys are just trying to make news out of nothing and are getting in habit of portraying Dubai in bad light all the time! Don't even start about build quality, or I can give you thousands and thousands of links and stories of what build quality you get in buildings in US and UK! I've seen building standards there and it sure is nothing greater than what you see in Dubai. So please stop all this nonsense for once and try to look at positive side of this world. Yes Dubai is going through crisis and so is the rest of the world! Just my 2 fils on this unnecessary hoopla!