PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines. Rishworth or Parc Aviation?
Old 11th Feb 2010, 10:36
PROBEUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
320 pilots have averaged about 3 sectors a day since i got here over a year ago. A mix of 2, 3, and 4 sector days with 1 hour on the ground. Expats do the short haul flying so the locals can run an import-export business out of their suitcase. Average sector length is 1 hour. Maybe twice a month you'll fly over 2 hours on a flight. A lot of flights are 25-45 minutes
Hours, since I got here I've averaged 80 hours a month on a full month. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. Not real consistent actually.
They don't pay overtime, so you don't want to fly more. No layovers other than Hanoi. You average 2 nights a week in Hanoi.

Cultural problems at work? Yeah, but from what I read about Chinese and Korean jobs, it might be better here. Actually I have no complaints about the job itself. It is tough to live here in Saigon, although the same can be said of a lot of polluted overcrowded asian cities.

My biggest problem here was Rishworth. There are no repeat customers here for Rishworth. NONE. I have heard a few Parc guys say they won't fly a contract unless they are represented by Parc. I get emails from Parc about issues at Vietnam Airlines and it is night and day between them and Rishworth.

Contract wise I don'l think this would be a great one to move your family to. Schools are expensive and not subsidized by the airline, and wives don't do real well either.

If you are single, it is Disneyland.