PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 10:20
Mullah Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been messy for a long time already.

Guys, CEPs are not asking anyone to support something in detriment to their own T&Cs. The CEPs are not asking any expats to lift a finger for this fight.....honestly, given the track record of that relationship, CEPs would be fools to expect it. What I think is a travesty though, is hearing even a minor few wanting to keep the next guy beneath them, because what.....they didn't have to go through the exact same interview process? Alright, try doing a 5 stage interview process followed by a 14 month CX review and see how well you all come out of that one....complete a full HKCAD dinosaur ATPL in 8 weeks, then a jet sim loft check in a generic 737 after 2 wholly fruitful weeks of tuition. By the way, no guarantee of employment either at the end of it all which is a common myth. Oh, forgot about having to be to the same standard as the next guy for checks. Silly me, where's my head. And starting out Cat C S/O not Cat B, thereby having to wait a whole 'nother year for upgrade. Tell that to the GFS cadet guy with more blade time than most of us have spent holding a knife over every meal we've had our entire lives, BBQs not included.

But entry standards aside, if those of you who truly do have consequential concerns with locals fighting for a better contract, lodge your complaints with the AOA....or hell, step up to the plate and support the company's stance on the issue to protect yourself. That is the ultimate goal right? To protect yourself?

Tiger321, voice of reason, thank you. Though the CEPs are advocating the same idea based upon the recouping of finances and some interest gained from years of total service regardless of rank.