PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2.com BALPA Recognition VOTE
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 10:19
jet2.con

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA will be able to give advice and legal support to our BALPA crew council when the inevitable tweeking of our T&C's next arrive.

How many letters have we had saying we've learnt by our mistakes? We will endeavour to do this and try to do that! These promises well meaning at the time of writing go to the wall when the operation gets tight on crews or the operation needs some extra slack. 3 rdo's? removed at a whim to make sure we had crews over the summer. A cap on leave over the summer was just put in place with no consultation! Again for the good of the operation but at the expense of our families and lifestyles.

Will BALPA sort it? I'm not expecting great things overnight or in the near future, just a support structure that our management will have to recognise and negotiate with. A support structure that has legal advise immediately at hand who we can turn to when my T&C's etc etc require attention.

My last point, if we think its bad now and we dont get BALPA the current warm cuddly world will be gone in the blink of an eye!