PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 07:18
elgnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmmayday

I am sure that had everyone on this forum been in the same room had mmmayday's reply been read out (rather than posted on here), you could have heard a pin drop for several seconds at the end.....just before huge and lengthy applause and standing ovation.

There have been many nasty, spiteful and hurtful posts on this thread aimed at mmmayday and his crew, particularly in the last few days following the publication of the AAIB report. No point stating who, we all know who they are.

Many of those comments remained based on the posters opinion and not the content of the report - to much of a bother to read it (and for some understand it) thoroughly? Further, many of those same posters clearly do not understand the remit of AAIB.

For the main man involved in this incident to come on such a public forum is nearly as brave as the actions he took in getting 038 on the ground as he did. Even then he has responded to some of the harshest posters in a calm measured way (no spite in his tone) one by one. So perhaps now they will all wind their respective necks in and shut up.

Whilst this forum is here for people to pass opinion, much on this thread has at best been un-necessary and at worst pure ignorance.

Now that the report is published and you can move on, good luck in securing a new position on the flight deck mmmayday, I for one, sincerely hope that should I ever be unfortunate enough to be on board an aircraft in trouble, I have you up front and not one of your many detractors one here!