PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 11th Feb 2010, 03:43
TGIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon69, Why does asking for/wanting better conditions have to end? Do you expect Management to benevolently increase your conditions without you asking for it? Do you think Management will 'end' their drive to continuity reduce our package whenever there is an opportunity?

I would be happy if I had to opportunity to get housing benefits if I moved to a base, but then I remember from your previous post that it would be illogical for a Hong Kong based airline to give housing benefits to a Hong Kong based pilot based overseas. I also replied that would be discrimination because he/she would earn substantially less purely because of his/hers nationality.

Just to preempt a possible rebuttal about the lack of commercial necessity for a local to move to an outport vs an expat coming to work in Hong Kong, what about Direct Entry F/Os? They have the choice to move to Hong Kong and get full housing after 2/3+ years of service. However, they were hired to work in their home base, like me, and thus there is no commercial need for them to leave their home base. So why is it when they choose to come to HKD they can have full housing whereas if I choose to come to SYD I'm still a local? Food for thought perhaps.

Last edited by TGIG; 11th Feb 2010 at 03:46. Reason: paragraphs make better reading