PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate Aviation - Florida - Multi/IR Quality ?
Old 10th Feb 2010, 21:59
whistling turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I did my Single Engine IR with Sunstate last year, let me first say that you have made a very good choice with this school.

They are a very professional group and will go out of their way to get you your ratings.

Now to your questions:

I did not finish during the minimum times quoted but that was my fault because I set in straight away in to the IR after completing my JAA ATPL exams so I had to also study for my IR written and oral exams in conjunction with my flight training.

Ideally (and they recommend this to you in advance) you should finish the multi-media ground school labs they provide you before you start the flight training portion at sunstate. The times quoted are certainly doable but it's a hard slog.

I'd rate the training as easily the best I have recieved anyway.

Yes there certainly is and it's implemented rigidly.

Yes they were but I ran over time like I said so I paid more as a result.

Both excellent but it has to be said that at that time they were only training me and one other guy on instruments. They had a bunch of PPL students at the time as well.

- Hope all this helped, I always recommend Sunstate to people because they are the real deal when it comes to training people to fly. They may cost a bit more but you pay for what you get in aviation.

It's going to be hard work all the way but you will enjoy the experience I'm sure.